Saturday 1 September 2018

MAKING A GREAT SCHOOL LUNCH - TACO CUPS

A KID FRIENDLY SCHOOL LUNCH - TACO CUPS

Do your kids like tacos? I'm willing to bet they do. It seems to me that 95% of kids LOVE tacos. So, let's send tacos in their lunch.

To make a tasty taco meal that travels in lunchboxes here is a recipe we call Taco Cups. It works best, and saves time, if you have tacos for dinner the night before.


1) Use those very small tortillas and press them into a muffin pan to form a cup shape.

If you only have big tortillas just cut out a circle - about the size of a mason jar lid - you can even use a mason jar lid. I have.

2) Throw the muffin pan in the oven at 350 for 10 mins.

The tortilla will crisp up and keep its cup shape. This is essential since it will hold in the yummy taco filling!

3) Fill the cup with leftover taco meat and add a sprinkle of cheese.


4) You can send a dollop of sour cream or some avocado in a small container on the side. 

Here are a couple of our school lunch video showing The Taco Cup:


The long "How-To" video:


A very quick tutorial (sans narrative) on how to make Taco Cups:




In this video I show how great it is to throw Taco Cups into the bento boxes / lunch boxes. 




Taco Cups is a favourite with my kids. They ask for it all the time. Every other parent I know that has tried the taco cups have all said the same thing, 'they love them'.


I hope this helps you pack up some great school lunches this year. It's a hard task doing it day in and day out, but, keep truckin'.


I find it very interesting to see what other parents pack in their children's lunch boxes. I've spent far too much time watching Youtube videos of other lunch packers putting everything from organic-vegan-wraps to extreme-processed-packaged filled lunches and still find myself interested in the next video. Here are a few in case you are interested...


Here is a cute healthy lunch featuring food with google eyes. I think the accessories you can add to food make lunches look so fun.






Don't be intimidated there are plenty of good solid lunches like this next one, showing simple foods, a packaged food or two, all in an inexpensive ziplock container system.



Then there is this parody I made - it is Tasty with a capital T ... and all the other lunch buzz words like Bento-Box, Organical, Protein Friendly, Glutton Free. I cut up a mango too!




MORE SCHOOL LUNCH IDEAS FROM THIS BLOG


A PLAYLIST OF THE BEST YOUTUBERS WHO MAKE SCHOOL LUNCHES

No comments:

Post a Comment