Tuesday 4 September 2018

FIRST DAY SCHOOL LUNCHES

LUNCHES ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

The first day back to school is always full of excitement. The night before we are getting lunches packed up - a little rusty from the long summer months of non-school, but, always eager to get back into the swing of it. This is the time I get all sentimental and look back at old videos...

I love looking back at what we did over the years. I fondly look back at the container systems,  snippets of the kids when they were little...I also love rediscovering meals, tips, snacks, that I've forgotten about.

First Day 2015 - We had BUILT lunchbags back then. The soft bag we could pile all of our containers into. Man, they worked great. I wonder where they are now? 
Items to note: 
  • Homemade corndogs (in muffin shape). The kids loved those things. 
  • Blueberry flax muffins. Healthy, delicious, and heavy (as in filling).
  • Burrito cups. Like a taco cup but with refried beans instead of taco meat. 

First Day 2016 - I was very concerned about bread getting soggy. The kids kept asking for the same meals over and over...repeating chicken burgers, repeating pitas! 
Reminder to myself:
  • Homemade frozen burritos. Cheap, easy, delicious, and can be made ahead of time and frozen.
  • Make making lunches a festive event with music - www.radionomy.com/80sthrowbackparty


First Day 2017 - We had fancy new lunch boxes. Go Green Lunchboxes. This was also the first day of kindergarten for Oskie. I love that we went over what he should eat (not the cookies first!). 

Note to self: 
  • Remember spoons. 
  • Pumpkin muffins.


MORE SCHOOL LUNCH IDEAS FROM THIS BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment